Yes, SMS and video calls are okay
- Remember SMS. It can be a tremendously helpful networking tool, used in the right way. It has the power to be brief, fast and accurate. Use it to stay in touch, offer help, ask questions and seek advice.
- Most people know there is nothing quite like face-to-face contact, but it's not always possible. If you are keen to connect and network with people beyond your current physical reach, phone and video calls can be highly effective communication channels....(continued)
Networking and interpersonal skills
- Be prepared to listen and learn from others, as well as to contribute interestingly to conversations.
- Being positive and respectful is a safer bet and more winsome than being critical of everyone and everything.
- Before attending a networking event, think about what questions you might (or might not) ask in a more interesting way than the usual, "What do you do?". Even if you start with a pedestrian question, you can use it to spring to something more...(continued)